Want to see how compatible you and your partner are? Whether it’s a new relationship or you’ve been a couple for awhile, consider these great questions your personal “couple compatibility test”!
People underestimate the importance of fundamental compatibility in a relationship. Chemistry can only take you so far … if you’re not compatible, it isn’t going to last. And if it does last, it won’t be a happy relationship.
People place way more value on chemistry because it feels good. Who wants to think about practicalities and logistics? Who wants to listen to their head, aren’t we supposed to follow our hearts?
Sure, follow your heart … as long as it’s leading you in a good direction! I know so many couples who broke up after many years together because of fundamental differences that should have been discussed way at the beginning.
Maybe it’s not romantic to be practical, but it’s essential if you want to have a lasting love that grows and flourishes over time. To help you get there, I’ve compiled a list of the best questions to ask to see how compatible you and your partner are.
You can bring these up subtly, or sit down one day and just go through the entire list. You’ll learn a lot about him, and also quite a bit about yourself!
Take The Quiz: Does He Like You?
65 Relationship Questions to Test Your Compatibility
- What should a healthy relationship provide for the people in it?
- Are you a spender or a saver?
- What is absolutely unforgivable?
- What do you value more- happiness or success?
- What would you consider cheating?
- What is the best quality a person can have?
- What is the worst quality a person can have?
- What activities make you feel most like yourself?
- Is it ever OK to lie?
- What is the most annoying thing couples do on social media?
- What quality makes even the hottest girl instantly unattractive?
- What was the happiest time in your life?
- What did your parents instill in you that you would want to instill in your kids?
- What is the best advice you’ve ever gotten?
- How many kids would you like to have?
- City or suburbs?
- What will you never allow someone else to do to you?
- What is your ideal romantic vacation?
- How should a couple split the financial responsibilities?
- Who do you consider to be ‘relationship goals’?
- After having kids, would you want your wife to work or be home with them?
- Why do you think so many people get divorced?
- Do you think it’s better to live together before getting engaged/married?
- How do you prefer to cope when you’re having a bad day, spending time alone or with someone you love?
- Where would you like to be in 10 years?
- Who do you most admire?
- Are you an extrovert or an introvert?
- Do you usually follow your head or your heart?
- Are you quick to forgive or do you hold grudges?
- 30. Do you think couples should be 100% open about everything?
- Where would you like to live if you could live anywhere in the world?
- What’s your love language?
- Do you think exes can be friends?
- Do you believe in soul mates?
- Do you prefer going out on weekends or staying in?
- Do you like to plan or go with the flow?
- Movies at the theater or at home?
- Do you stay on top of current events?
- Do you prefer hanging out with your family or with friends?
- What was the most important value your parents instilled in you?
- Home cooked meal or restaurant?
- What is one thing that makes you feel alive?
- What is something you dread doing?
- What are your thoughts on social media?
- Are you a morning person or night owl?
- What would your perfect day look like?
- What is one thing you’re dying to learn how to do?
- How do you handle criticism?
- Do you prefer expensive gifts or sentimental ones?
- What is the most thoughtful thing anyone has ever done for you?
- How do you deal when something makes you very angry?
- What is your proudest accomplishment?
- In life- how much is hard work and how much is luck?
- Do you think couples should share passwords?
- What is one thing you wish you had more of?
- What movie genre is your favorite?
- Have you ever struggled with depression or anxiety?
- How important is it to you to live a healthy lifestyle?
- What social cause is most important to you?
- Could you be with someone who didn’t share your political beliefs?
- What time do you aim to go to bed by?
- What is your ideal time to wake up in the morning?
- Do you think guys and girls can be friends?
- How important is religion in your life?
- What is your opinion on marriage?
Want more amazing questions to ask a guy? Try these out:
And here are some more:
I hope this article gave you some good ideas for questions to ask a guy to see how compatible you are. Now I have a question for you. Do you know what inspires a man to commit to a woman? Do you know what makes him see you as a rare gem that he can’t let go of, a woman he wants to be with forever? If not, read this next: The #1 Things Men Desire in a Woman
And now another question. Do you feel like he might be losing interest? Does he seem to be pulling away? If so, you need to read this too: If He’s Pulling Away, Do This...