‘Tis the season for us regular folks to have our red-carpet moments- proms, weddings, graduation parties, a big event is the greatest motivation to get into shape and look and feel your best. And even if you don’t have a big party coming up, swimsuit season is right around the bend.
Oz Garcia is a world renowned nutritionist who has attracted a loyal celebrity following for one major reason: he knows exactly he knows exactly how to get and keep the perfect body.
To help you prep properly for your big day, whatever the occasion may be, he has provided some amazing diet tips as well as a step-by-step breakdown of what to do the night before and day of a big event to ensure you look and feel your best.
You have to be militant about cutting out ALL wheat products (not carbs, but wheat.) This will help speed up your metabolism, bring down bloat and increase energy. It’s the quickest and easiest way to get lean.
Instead of having a few large meals throughout the day, eat six small meals. Breaking your diet down into small meals will help regulate blood sugar and keep you from feeling too hungry at any point during the day
1. Greek yogurt with berries- (Greek Yogurt is great for digestions and the immune system and an excellent source of calcium, protein, and vitamin B2. Berries are antioxidants and make your skin look radiant. They also contain good sugars that power your body and brain.)
2. Hard-boiled egg or some almonds- (Eggs contain protein/amino acids (the building blocks of muscle), chlorine (helps regulate the brain, nervous system, and cardiovascular system), Vitamin D, and sulfur (good for the hair, nails, and eyes). Almonds are high in Vitamin E and contain more calcium than any other nut. They also help you feel fuller longer, which can be a huge aid in any weight-loss plan at any time.)
3. Large salad with 4 oz of lean animal protein (fish, chicken or turkey)
4. High protein whey shake- (Whey protein helps build muscle, boosts immune function, and suppresses the appetite.)
5. Dinner with lots of vegetables sautéed in olive oil with 4 oz of fish
6. Dark chocolate 70% to 80% pure coco- Dark chocolate is an excellent anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory
Lots of water
Four cups of green tea daily
A glass of wine at night
7pm- Get a massage to reduce bloat, tone muscles and help relax the body. Massage reduces levels of the stress hormone cortisol, while boosting the feel-good hormones serotonin and dopamine. This will also help lull you to slumber.
11pm- Go to sleep- you need to get at least 8 hours of sleep every night to recharge your brain and reset your internal metabolic clock.
7am- Wake up and go for a 40 minute jog or brisk walk OUTSIDE- you need the sunlight for Vitamin D so you can release dopamine into your system- an instant energy boost with lasting effects, it motivates you to have a healthy day
8am- Have Greek yogurt with berries and prepare yourself a giant pitcher of water with lemon (to flush out extra bloat) that you will have on hand all morning
9am- The glam squad arrives, discuss the look for the day over green tea
11am- Before makeup is done, have a salad with 4oz of lean protein and another cup of green tea
1pm- The dress is about to go on, grab a fistful of almonds to stave off hunger for the next 4 hours
2:30pm- Indulge in a square of dark chocolate in the limo- packed with anti-oxidants, this treat helps you to not feel deprived going into the big event. Now you won’t be tempted by the first thing you see!