Communication is key in a relationship. And nothing keeps a bond eternally strong like communicating how much you love your partner. Saying “I love you” is an obvious way to go, but that can get flat and stale over time, especially if it just becomes a part of your routine and “I love you” is just another way of saying hi and bye.
Saying “I love you” isn’t the only way to communicate that you love someone. And sometimes, stepping outside of convention and thinking of something new conveys even more love, appreciation, and positive regard.
Making a point to consistently affirm your love and affection for your partner is what will keep your relationship strong and happy. It’s all too easy to just settle into complacency in a relationship, but that’s what causes relationships to wither and die. You need to look at your relationship almost like a plant, it needs to be watered and tended to in order to grow and thrive. The way to nourish your relationship is to express your love and admiration. (Make sure to also read this article on questions to ask a guy to reach a whole new level of depth and connection in your relationship.)
And with that, let’s look at 35 beautifully romantic and unique ways to say ‘I love you.” You can go old school and write them as a note, be new age and text them, or say them out loud while looking your partner in the eye. No matter what, these are guaranteed to convey your deep and profound love.
Take The Quiz: Does He Really Love You?
The Most Romantic 35 Ways To Say ‘I Love You’
1. I have never felt this “right” with another person.
2. I really, truly love and appreciate who and how you are.
3. You melt my heart.
4. I can’t wait to build a life with you.
5. You’re my favorite person ever.
6. I am so happy someone like you exists.
7. Do you know how happy you make me? I am truly lucky to have you in my life.
8. If he does something you appreciate, tell him you appreciate it. “Thank you so much for doing XYZ, you have no idea how much it means to me.”
9. You’re a walking turn on.
10. Do you know how much XYZ means to me? I’ve never had anybody be so sweet.
11. Thank you for being in my life.
12. I admire the man that you are.
13. Imagining life without you is impossible.
14. Stop being so adorable. It’s not fair.
15. I am so lucky to be able to spend my life with you.
16. The more I learn about you, the more I love you. I’m serious!
17. It’s crazy the way you make me feel.
18. I love making love to you in a way I have never loved it before.
19. Stop being so amazing. It makes it hard to concentrate!
20. You make me smile.
21. You being happy makes me happy.
22. I cannot believe how happy you make me.
23. You aren’t just my soulmate, you’re a part of my soul.
24. You make my heart warm and happy.
25. I love you so much. I can’t believe I actually feel this way about someone.
26. You are the most amazing person I have ever known.
27. What do you want to do later? I want to surprise you and make you happy.”
28. I will always be there for you no matter what.
29. I love you as more than just a boyfriend/husband. You’re my best friend.
30. When I’m with you, it feels like home.
31. I am so inspired by you
32. I absolutely adore everything about you
33. I can’t believe you’re mine. How did I get so lucky?
34. I fall more and more in love with you every day. Just when I think I can’t possibly love you more, I do!
35. You will forever be a part of me.
There you go. I hope this helps you see how you can express love in simple ways that come from the heart. Never force it; just be true to your heart. Let your words come from within. Don’t just say something to say it, say it with intention.