Canadian-born model turned vamptress Noot Seear is flashing bright on our radar with her Kate Moss-meets-Erin Wasson sense of style. Trading in her signature strut for a Hollywood script, Noot can be seen in the upcoming vampire flick New Moon in November alongside Twilight heartthrobs Rob Pattinson and Taylor Lautner. She’s not one to be in the tabloids and followed by paps (yet!) but with big screen exposure and her noteworthy signature style, we’re pretty positive that her star will continue to rise.
Noot’s closet is overflowing with rock and roll goodies such as flannels in every color, a rad vest collection, tapered leather pants, denim cutoffs, an assortment of vintage rock tees, and distressed leather bombers. Shoes are as follows: Chucks, dirty biker boots, vintage Chanel knee-highs, fringed ankle boots, two-tone creepers, and Canadian-inspired moccasins.
To add elements of Noot Seear’s look into your own wardrobe, take a peek at our top five style tips.
1. Go vintage or go home! Noot doesn’t really care for the new, opting instead for unique vintage finds.
Levi’s Vintage Studded Denim Vest, $350. A vintage studded vest? Three for three. You’re on the right track girl!
Vintage Chanel Double Chain Bag, $2,860. Carry around this vintage Chanel handbag from the eighties like it’s no big deal. It will go smashing with your I-just-threw-this-outfit-together-in-a-pinch attitude.
2. Borrow from the boys. Noot is no girly girl so forget bows and ruffles and go for a more androgynous look with a dark color palette and unisex staples.
Converse Chuck Taylor All Star, $45. Noot is all about Chucks; she even has a set with a studded American Flag on them.
Alexander Wang Modal Tank, $70. Stock up on tanks and tees that will go with everything from a leather mini to a skinny jean.
3. Never leave home without: Bedhead. Noot always rocks tousled, undone locks that are sexily sloppy.
Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray, $22. Spritz some of this on your locks to create sexy bed-head waves.
4. Stock up on statement-pieces. Stick with one-of-a-kind show stopping jewelry from all around the globe. Noot prefers baubles from C’est Magnifique located at 120 Macdougal St in NYC.
Elizabeth and James Diamond, Sterling Silver & 14K Yellow Gold Double Ring, $425. A double leaf ring = double the fashion + double the fun.
Urban Outfitters Wishing Well Charm Necklace, $18. A conversation piece to be sure, this whimsical wishing well necklace will have you starting trends and making friends.
5. Embellish. Grab pieces with fringe or studs to compliment your street chic aesthetic. One of her go-to spots for rocker-wear is Bess NYC, a store that puts studs on anything end everything!
Frye Deborah Studded Boots, $502. Frye is a sure bet when you’re searching for distressed darlings with detail. Don’t you love?
Jimmy Choo Diane Kid Fringe Hobo, $1,495. When you’re not toting around your classic Chanel, sling Jimmy’s hobo over your shoulder and head to the dive joints downtown.
– MARIA DENARDO
Splash image by Santina Amendola