I first learned of Leigh Lezark last September during fashion week. The first time I saw her i just had to ask ‘who is that girl?’ Obviously she was someone: she sat front row at everything, she had a flock of photogs following her, her sense of style was just on a whole other level, and she just radiated attitude in that cool, not bitchy, sort of way. To my delight, I learned that Leigh wasn’t just another famous for being famous socialite, but actually one-third of the popular New York City-based DJ trio the Misshapes, and, due to her unique looks, now a model as well.
Over the past few months, Leigh has emerged as fashion’s newest darling. She’s edgy, daring, rebellious, and goes against the grain without being too outrageous. While she does have a tough-as-nails aesthetic, her style still has a sexy, feminine sensibility. Leigh has quickly become one of my top sources for style inspiration.
Read on for 5 tips to bring a little Leigh into your wardrobe!
1. Go stud crazy. From clothing to jewelry to handbags, this girl loves anything speckled with studs!
Rebecca Minkoff Linear Stud Flame Tote, $595. A standout bag that makes everything a bit cooler.
Silence & Noise All Over Studded Tank, $48. A simple studded tank is a can’t miss. Pair this one with shiny leggings or sprayed on jeans for a Leigh-inspired punk-rock look.
Matt Bernson Thick Cuff Black Studs, $63. A studded cuff is an instant way to toughen up any look.
2. Top off your look with a biker jacket. Stock up on biker jackets and vests to add that extra dose of badass to your look.
Nom De Plume Yaya Moto Jacket, $58. This knitted style comes in a variety of shades and guarantees both comfort and coolness.
Current/Elliott Long Sleeve Denim Biker Jacket, $323. This lightweight style is versatile enough to outlast seasons and cool enough to transcend trends.
RD Style Studded Vest, $84. A biker vest embellished with studs, 2 for 2!
3. Look for items with a unique twist. Even when she abandons the edgy extras, Leigh’s style is always noteworthy due to unique pieces. Look for interesting details like shredding, cut-outs, asymmetry, innovative shapes, funky flourishes, anything that speaks avante-garde.
Alexander Wang Lattice Bobble Sweater, $550. An awesomely quirky, unique piece that you can wear in countless ways.
Body Language Embellished Black Party Dress, $150. A standout dress that commands compliments.
Pure for Raw7 Shredded Modal Top, $209. A bold, unique style that is still utterly wearable.
4. Stock up on funky legwear. Opt for patterned, printed, or colorful tights for a funky, unexpected twist. Or go even bolder with a sexy set of thigh-highs.
Urban Outfitters Annie Open Work Tights, $24. The perfect alternative to your basic black opaques.
5. Get your hair straighter than straight. Leigh’s signature jet black, stick straight hair enhances her punk-rock aesthetic.
T3 PRO Wet-Or-Dry Iron, $119. This incredible iron really brings on the heat and will get your locks straighter and silkier than you ever thought possible.
Redken Iron Silk 07 Ultra Straightening Spray, $14.95. Spray this onto your locks before using the flat iron for an ultra-straight, frizz-free, smooth finish.
Ken Paves Healthy Hair Boost Up Color Drops, $40. Use these color drops to instantly darken your locks without a trip to the salon.