Spring is in full swing. The sun is shining, birds are chirping, and angry cold-weather induced scowls have softened into smiles for all. The only thing missing? Some new pieces to go with this new season.
I like to invest in a few key pieces when the seasons change. The emphasis here is on the word key and it’s important to chose items that you will get the most mileage out of it. Ones that will work with that you’ve already got and enhance your wardrobe.
Read on for my top 5 springtime must-haves!
1. Lightweight cardigan: A lightweight cardigan is such a must for spring and summer. Just throw it over all your favorite sleeveless pieces to get maximum use out of them.
Pins and Needles Roll Tab Slub Open Cardigan, $38. urban
2. Wedges: In the winter, we usually hop from door to car (or cab) with little time spent on our feet in between. Spring encourages more time spent outside and more walking. Wedges are key and will give you a lift and a sexy strut while keeping you comfortable.
Frye Corrina Campus Wedge Sandals, $178.
3. Floaty dress: I always buy at least one or two new floaty dresses in the spring, they are just so versatile. Dress up a floaty style with heels for night and wear it with sandals to the day. Look for a style that you can where anywhere from the park to a cocktail party.
Free People We the Free Mala Strana Dress, $98.
4. Jean shorts: A comfortable pair of cut-offs is an absolute must for spring and summer. Wear then with heels for a night out and with flip-flops to the beach, with tights and blazer when it’s chilly and with your favorite tee or tank when smoldering temps set in.
J Brand Cuffed Short, $158.
5. Trench Coat: The downside of Spring is lots of rainy days. Stay fashionable and practical as April showers bring May flowers with a lightweight trench. It’ll keep you dry but still comfortable in the humidity.
BB Dakota Cameron Trench, $90. Revolve
What are some of your springtime essentials? Tell us in comments!