Chic, comfortable, easy-to-wear sandals are absolute musts for summer and can be worn from day to night and take you from the beach to the bar.
While embellished styles can be hard to turn away from, it’s important to be selective with whichever sandal you purchase and to make sure the style is as functional as it is fashionable. If you’re craving something on the statement-making side but don’t want to go too extreme, try styles accented with subtle fringe, small studs, downsized buckles, or a laced-up style (my personal favorite).
Read on for the 10 hotted summer sandal trends!
1. Laces: Dolce Vita Deliah Multi Banded Ankle Booties. $100. These are my absolute faves- the buckle and lace combo just has something so sexy about it!
2. Beaded: Antik Batik Porter Tong Brass Beaded Sandal, $200. A beaded style like this pair can be worn anywhere and with anything and can dress up a simple shorts-and-tee outfit or add the perfect finishing touch to an already dressed up outfit.
3. Studded: Matt Bernson Barracuda Metallic Studded Sandal, $190. The perfect way to add a touch of rocker-glam to your summer look.
4. Stones: Bo’em Agate T-Strap Sandals, $225. The agate stones make for a nice statement and the beading adds a little something ethnic to the embellished sandal.
5. Toe Hugger: Frye Jessica Ankle Sandal, $108. Some people are very anti toe-huggers but this style actually looks really good on and has a fabulous boho quality to it. And if you own a pair of Frye boots you already know that once you wear these in they become your new best friend!
6. Braided: Modern Vintage Fabrizia Braided Sandal, $225; NOW:$ 157.50 (also comes in tan and black). Braided leather has that fantastic hippie-chic quality to it. I love the color of this style and the double ankle buckle isn’t as noticeable as some of the other stacked straps that some gladiators have grown to this summer.
7. Buckles: Chloe T-Strap Thong Sandal, $695; NOW: $419. These sandals would look great with a pair of rolled up ripped jeans. I love how the buckles on this style are in the center- it’s definitely adds a unique edge to a classic style.
8. Gladiator: Enzo Angiolini ‘Quillen’ Studded Gladiator Sandals, $89 NOW: $48.99 (also comes in brown, yellow, and white). Gladiators have been the trend du jour for several seasons now and they won’t be leaving us any time soon. The floating ankle strap is what initially drew me to the Angiolini’s. Then I noticed the small cork wedge and instantly fell in love.
9. T-Strap: Banana Republic ‘Larissa’ Thong Sandal, $89 (also comes in gold). A simple t-strap style is an absolute must and will work with anything in your closet.
10. Fringe: Chinese Laundry Scarlett Sandals, $88; NOW: $48.99: Fringe is all the rage this season and a muted pair of fringed sandals is such an easy way to incorporate this style into your look.
– SHAUNA BELLOW