How many times have you left your favorite lip gloss in “your other bag?” Even if you dump the entire contents of your bag on to your bed, you’re either in a rush or suffering from the euphoric afterglow of your latest handbag purchase.
There are a few items that you need in order to make sure no one gets left behind. No cell phone, wallet, metro card, lip-gloss, pack of gum, left stranded in the infinite abyss of bagdom.
To assist you in achieving the successful bag switch every time, I’ve rounded up included some essential items that make for an easy transfer. From a coin purse to an all-in-one make up palette, this list will surely get you on the right path to becoming a bag swap expert.
Check out my roundup after the jump!
1. Functional Oversized Bag: Every gal should own at least one oversized bag with pockets that can carry all the essentials in an organized way. The leather on this bag is so soft you’ll want to cuddle with it instead of wear it. It’s big enough to fit everything without looking oversized or overstuffed. The two pockets on the outside make for easy access.
Bulga Brandy Leather ‘Mini Marquis’ Bowler Bag $815; NOW: $489
2. Contact Case: For those of you that don’t have contacts- stop reading. For those that do this is essential, especially for those of us who wear dailys all MONTH.
Contact Lens Full Care Kit, $14.99
3. Makeup Palette: Forget over packing with separate blush, shadow, and gloss; a makeup palettemakes it easier to keep track of all that makes you pretty.
Pop Beauty Goddess Clutch, $32
4. Small Brush: I have very long hair and always need a quick brush now and then. This offers a brush and a mirror. And the best part, you don’t have yarn and gum wrappers attached when you rip it out of your bag in a frenzy. It scrunches shut!
5. Makeup Bag: A portable makeup bag is a must-have and allows you to make one swift transfer as opposed to many shifts of, lip gloss, eye shadow, hair ties…
LeSportsac Pat Cosmetic Bag, $28
6. Card Holder: I know I’m not the only one who forgets their ID when switching from handbag to clutch on a Friday/Saturday night. If you keep all cards (including ID) in this Tory Burch card case, it makes the switch seamless and you won’t be searching for your ID at the door anymore.
Tory Burch Slim Card Case, $85
7. Bobbi Pin Case: I am always finding bobby pins in the bottomless pit of my bag. This case holds it all together.
Scunci Bobby Pin Case $2.09
8. Bill Holder: I personally like to keep my bills, change, and cards separate. Combining them makes for a chunky wallet, therefore, heavier bag. This leaves you with the option to leave out your heavy change purse one day and only use debit/credit the next.
Giorgio Fedon Black Croco Trim Travel Wallet, $275
9. Change Purse: Change purses are crucial because combining your wallet and change purse (which is normal) tends to weigh a lot. Most of us are too lazy to use our change. This option offers a lightweight bag when left out.I own this change purse and it’s one of my favorite things in the world!
MoMa Store Lucky Beggar Purse, $35
10. Earbud Clips: I need this bad! My headphones are always breaking. I’m constantly scolded for wrapping around my iPod. This will keep your headphones safe, organized, and easy to access.
Earbud Clip, $8.99
– SHAUNA BELLOW
Splash image by Cassie Torda.