The 2013 Golden Globes may be over, but the beauty looks seen on the celebrity attendees will live on as a source of inspiration to help us regular gals channel our inner glamazons.
From the flawless complexions to the stunning hairstyles and the glamorous (and easily-creatable on your own!) makeup looks, we’ve consulted with the masters behind the winning looks and are revealing exactly how to achieve the coveted looks seen on the red carpet in your own home.
Amy Adams’ Makeup Look: Makeup Artist Stephen Sollitto created a stunning look for Amy Adams, star of “The Master,” who was nominated for Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture. The soft, yet slightly sultry look perfectly complemented her “ballet pink” Marchesa gown.
– Sollitto prepped Adams’ skin using RèVive Moisture Serum Extreme ($350) to ensure the star’s skin remain moisturized throughout the red carpet and award show.
– Next, he applied Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 – Oil Free ($43) to give the skin a sheer hint of colour.
– To complete her flawless face and create a natural-looking glow, he applied Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Canyon ($24) to Amy’s cheek bones, followed by Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Oleander ($24) to the apples of her cheeks.
– Sollitto applied Laura Mercier Secret Concealer ($22) around Adams’ eye area to conceal imperfections.
– Next, he applied Laura Mercier Sateen Eye Colour in Sandstone ($22) to add a hint of natural colour.
– He then applied Laura Mercier Sequin Eye Colour in Twinkling Star ($22) to create depth and definition.
– Next, he blended Laura Mercier Sateen Eye Colour in Sable ($22) onto the top of her lids and under her bottom lashes.
– Sollitto lined Adams’ eyes using Dior Style Liner ($34) and applied Dior DiorShow Backstage Makeup Mascara ($25) to elongate her lashes.
– Sollitto applied Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Plum Orchid ($26) to the star’s lips, and then completed the look by applying Laura Mercier Lip Glacè in Raspberry ($24).
Kate Hudson’s Hair: “I wanted to show off Kate’s healthy, shiny hair in a style that emphasizes her true Hollywood beauty,” celebrity hairstylist David Babaii explains. “As the perfect ‘Muse’ and my inspiration, Kate is my generation’s Brigitte Bardot showing off soft voluptuous hair that is touchable, glamorous and now Kate’s very own signature look.”
To create the look, David started with IT&LY’s Pure Water Drops Serum ($30) before blow drying. Next, he added IT&LY’s Pure Style Mousse Strong ($14) and used a medium round brush at the root area to add volume then switched to a large round brush to smooth and create soft rounded edges.
After drying, David created a natural side part spritzing IT&LY’s Pure Volumizing Eco ($13) at the base for added lift and down the shaft for more piecey definition.
For her sexy fringe he wrapped the bang area around a medium round brush spraying a small amount of IT&LY’s Pure Volumizing Eco again. With the blow dryer temperature on high, he directed heat on the brush followed by a quick blast of cool air to set. He then gently removed the brush to release the fringe.
He combed through with his fingers and allowed the hair to fall naturally into place.
To finish, he misted the hair with IT&LY Pure Definition Hair Spray ($22) for soft touchable hair with memory hold.
Jessica Chastain’s Glow. To get a radiant, red carpet glow, Jessica Chastain hit up Olehenriksen Face/Body spa for their Advanced Hydra-Dermabrasion Treatment.
Ideal for those requiring hydration, exfoliation, and anti-aging benefits, the customizable treatment starts with an in-depth skin analysis, followed by exfoliation and pore refinement utilizing a diamond tip (crystal free – microdermabrasion). As skin is exfoliated, it is infused with high efficacy, antioxidant serums that deeply penetrate into skin for a deep cleansing. The treatment is $175 for 50 minutes.
No time for a trip to the spa? Olehenriksen Power Peel ($45) is a potent, 3-step professional grade at home facial treatment that emulates both a microdermabrasion and peel service to revel a radiant, more youthful complexion after just one use. Power|Peel reduces wrinkles, smoothes skin texture and reverses hyperpigmentation and sun damage for brighter, more even skin tone.
Kaley Cuoco’s Makeup Look: Celebrity makeup artist Jamie Greenberg created a stunning ethereal vampy look for the “Big Bang Theory” star.
FACE & CHEEKS:
”I started by applying mark Get a Tint Tinted Moisturizer Lotion SPF 15 ($12) to create an even, moisturized base, followed by mark Save the Day Anti-Acne Concealer Stick ($10) to tend to any imperfections. I blended mark Just Pinched Instant Blush Tint ($8) in Berry and Cheeky into Kaley’s cheekbones, and set the look with mark Set Things Right Loose Powder ($12).”
“I created a layered eye, starting with mark Keep it Going Longwear Eyeliner & Shadow in Exposure and Naturalist ($11), then adding mark Touch & Glow Shimmer Cream Cubes All Over Face Palette ($16) for a gorgeous sheen. Next, I used mark No Place to Run Longwear Eyeliner in Ultra Violet ($9) on Kaley’s top and bottom lash lines, tracing the lines with mark I-Mark Wet/Dry Eye Shadow in Plum Velvet ($7) to add some depth. I finished the eyes with fake lashes for a dramatic look, coated with mark Lash All You Want High-Volume Mascara in Wine ($10)”
“I applied mark Make it Rich Lip Color Crayon in Royale ($11) to complete the stunning vampy look.”
Rachel Weisz’s Gorgeous Glow: Rachel’s Radient skin took center stage as a flawless canvas for her glamorous makeup look. Celebrity Facialist Joanna Vargas reveals the secret behind her gorgeous, healthy glow.
Pre-awards show treatments to leave Rachel’s skin prepped and polished included Joanna’s signature VitaLight LED light therapy treatment and instantly sculpting Triple Crown Facial, offered exclusively at Joanna’s NYC salon.
VitaLight – “Six weeks of treatment with LED light therapy can significantly improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and core’s feet and age spots because it increases cell regeneration up to five times faster than normal. I boosted the effects of my VitalLight treatment by adding two necessary steps: microdermabrasion, as it triggers the skin’s healing mechanism and 98% pure oxygen, infused with lifting serum to encourage healthy cell turnover. The results are dramatic, younger, more radiant and beautiful looking skin!” $150 (30 minutes)
Triple Crown Facial– My Triple Crown Facial is an awesome treatment to get before an event and is favored by my celebrity clients before a shoot or the red carpet. I use a mild electric current to drain puffiness, tone muscle, tighten skin and reshape the face. By the end of your first treatment, your jawline will be more defined, your cheekbones more pronounced and you will have younger looking, refreshed eyes. There is no downtime, people love the instant results and the effects are cumulative! $250 (60 minutes)
Joanna Vargas’ Tips on How to Get Red Carpet Ready Skin at Home:
– Get Your Greens– My celebrity clients use my Daily Serum as their secret weapon to keeping the glow in their skin. Based on my love of green juice, he serum contains chlorophyll, galactoarabinan and oat grass juice which oxygenate the skin while stimulating cell turnover and lymphatic drainage.
– Exfolitation– Exfoliating is the key to having great skin. It’s the most often skipped step in people’s home routine but it really makes a huge difference in the way your skin looks and feels. Think of exfoliating as your way of creating a perfect canvas for your products and your makeup. You could be investing in the most expensive, amazing skin care products at home, but if you don’t exfoliate, those ingredients won’t ever penetrate to make any difference at all.
– All Natural, Organic Skincare– I always recommend that my clients use natural beauty products. Natural products have amazing results oriented ingredients that penetrate more readily into the skin and show a real result fast. I love a serum that delivers and instant glow to a client, an natural serums like me Rejuvinating Serum will give you that right away.
What was your favorite look on the Red Carpet? Tell us in comments!