Sleep is a beautiful thing and can do wonders for the way you look and feel. Sadly, most of us don’t get enough of it. In fact, approximately 70 million people in the United States are affected by sleep problems (including yours truly). With the recession, stress levels have hit an all time high and with that, more and more people are having trouble getting a good night’s rest. To help combat the issue, beauty companies have been developing new products formulated with essential oils and aromatic ingredients that will help you unwind and relax after a long, hard day. I was skeptical about these products at first but they really do provide miraculous results!
Check out my favorite sleepy-time products after the jump!
1) Molton Brown ‘Sleep’ Line. This collection, part of the new Molton Brown body therapies line, contains an effective combination of products formulated with essential oils that are proven to enhance a restful slumber.
Molton Brown Cedres Room-Aroma Rocks, $45. This unique box contains natural ‘rocks’ of acacia sap drenched in a nighttime room fragrance of cedrus, orange, and lavender oils which diffuse into the air and create a relaxing ambience for an amazing night’s sleep.
Molton Brown Cedrus Bathing Elixir, $34. This bathing elixir is designed to treat both the mind and body with a blend of powerful aromatic oils that help prepare you for sleep while also leaving your skin cleansed and super smooth.
Molton Brown Cedrus Soothing Body Oil, $42. This potent aromatic oil helps boost the skin’s condition and is formulated with soothing aromas to help you relax and de-stress for a good night’s rest.
2) Aromatherapy Black Chamomile Collection. This incredible collection contains products uniquely formulated to promote the ultimate sleep experience while also detoxifying and replenishing the skin to help you look and feel amazing.
Aromatherapy Sleep Body Wash, $13. I absolutely LOVE this body wash which is infused with Bamboo Charcoal Extract to help detoxify before bedtime, green tea extract to restore health to the skin, and a blend of Chamomile Essential Oils to enhance sleep. It also smells amazing!
Aromatherapy Sleep Body Lotion, $13. After showering, I always apply this body lotion which also contains an exclusive aromatherapy blend to enhance sleep, detoxify, and nourish the skin.
Aromatherapy Pillow Mist, $10. Spritz this pillow mist onto your pillows and sheets before bed and allow the soothing Chamomile aroma wash over you for an incredible night’s sleep.
3) Elemis Maximum Replenish Night Cream, $85. You’re not the only one that needs to recharge at night, so does your skin! This overnight moisturizer stimulates the natural regeneration process during sleep, which is when skin cells are most receptive to repair. When you awake, you’re skin will be rested, renewed, and perfectly replenished.
4) Go Smile PM Toothpaste, $16. This night-time toothpaste not only whitens your teeth, it contains calming essentials oils such as chamomile and lavender as well as delicious vanilla for an ideal relaxing nighttime therapy (also comes in an uplifting AM formula).
5) Davies Gate Nutrient Rich Foaming Bath- Lavender, $20. There’s nothing like a relaxing bath to undo the effects of a long, hard day. This bath formula is botanically charged to soothe and revive the skin while relaxing your muscles and easing your mind for a an amazing slumber.