There are few things worse than a bad hair day, especially one that strikes when you have an important event/party/date yikes! I have a collection of hair products that rivals the drugstore aisle and of these countless items, there are only 5 that I reach for time and time again to get my locks back into shape. Whether your hair is prone to frizz, oil, flatness, and so on,I’ve got the products that will take you from blah to beautiful in no time.
Check out my top 5 hair product picks after the jump!
1. Bumble and Bumble Gel, $24. I was never very big on hair gel until I discovered this product- which has been tested and perfected backstage at Fashion Week over several seasons. Unlike most gels, it isn’t sticky or gunk-y, instead, it helps you shape and control your hair while still leaving it soft and shiny. I like to apply it to my hair while it’s damp to create gorgeous beachy waves.
2. Redken Iron Silk 07 Ultra Straightening Spray, $14.95. This amazing spray strengthens and protects our hair as you flat-iron. No matter how dry, frizzy, or unruly my hair is, I just spritz this stuff on before using my flat-iron and I get a gorgeous, silky smooth finish every time.
3. Biolage Cooling Mint Oil Control Treatment, $12.97. This product has been my secret weapon for quite some time, especially in the hot summer months or on days when you don’t have time to wash your hair before heading out. The solution invigorates and balances a normal to oily scalp by reducing and preventing oil buildups and leaves hair feeling smooth and refreshed. It also smells absolutely delicious!
4. Oscar Blandi Olio Di Jasmine Hair Serum, $35. This incredible serum is perfect for touchups and has been used at countless fashion shows to to re-work the models hair in minimal time. The formula is deal for banishing unwanted frizz and restoring a gorgeous shine to dull locks in an instant. I keep the travel-sized version in my bag for on-the-go touch ups.
5. John Frieda Luminous Color Glaze, $14.99. Whether your color your hair or keep it au natural like me, this color glaze is perfect for giving your locks a boost by enhancing your color and leaving you with a glossy, luminous finish (also available in shades for blonds and red heads). Just apply it in the shower after you shampoo and condition, leave it in for 3 minutes, and when your hair dries, you will notice a subtle, but gorgeous difference!
– SABRINA ALEXIS