4 Months Into Dating Him…& This Happens

Home Forums Dating and Sex Advice 4 Months Into Dating Him…& This Happens

• This topic has 73 replies and was last updated 11 months ago by Ava.
Viewing 24 posts - 51 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Jay

Ashley
    Sometimes you come across as mature, but this post shows you are not, if you haven’t got the gumption to have a real conversation, then then you are still way immature, if a woman can get into a relationship, she should have the guts to get out of it.

You constant change of pics shows your immaturity, Why are you so focused on how your pic looks on a female mostly forum?

#581286 Reply
    Ashley

Why don’t you ask yourself why you are so concerned with me & my pics lol & calling me out trying to pick on me?

Not asking for your evaluation on me

Anyways um the gravatar thing is for all sites & I like it for my yahoo email . I’ll do whatever I want with my pictures & if it affects you then don’t look at me

& ohh trust me I could do any kind of convo I want, I have been in many situations in life! Just wouldn’t want to! I would rather save face & be in control of what I say, for example if what I hear makes me feel like I want to cry, I would prefer to give the guy a contolled response than be stressed in person. And then if I want to get teary eyed I can be in the privacy of my own home or whatever the case may be. That’s just me!! Doesn’t mean anyone has to agree with me. That is just my preference. Just like it’s your preference to act the way you do.

I said twice I am probably in the minority, I am well aware most would advise to definitely do it in person, just offering what I would do to the op in case it interests her at all. She can & will do what she wants to do.

#581287 Reply
    Peggy

Jay-that was uncalled for-get off Ashley’s case-we all offer differing opinions at times-people come on here for help and maybe a new perspective. Unless someone gives advice that seems dangerous -let them be. The person asking for advice can decide for themselves what is useful/or isn’t and act on it or not.

#581307 Reply

Ashley, you rock. I dont understand why people take offense when their position is challenged. I like jay her advice, its lived through but there is no need for her to be defensive when she does the same. Anyway im nowhere looking good as you girl so go eat them tigers

#581310 Reply

Anyway coral, im really curious when you have an update after the talk. Take care

#581319 Reply
    Phillygirl

Unfortunately, because casual sex is so readily available, and so many girls are willing to sleep with a guy without establishing what they want (or will accept less than they want for fear of losing a guy) it’s changed the dating landscape.

Online dating adds to this dynamic. Men and women have access to a virtual smorgasbord of choices.

In this landscape, you just have to assume someone you meet (especially on a dating app) is actively dating (and probably sleeping with others).

The wisdom generally stated on here is NOT to avoid establishing your intent for dating up front, it’s to make sure you have that conversation right away (before anything progresses). You can never assume just becasue a guy acts like a boyfriend that you are in an exclusive relationship.

I always have a lighthearted conversation when I meet a guy (on the first date) explaining what I’m dating for, and I ask my date the same question and let him answer. In my case, I’m not interested in casual. So I weed out guys that are, right away. For me, dating is about filltering out the wrong guys as quickly as I can, to narrow down the ones that have potential (for what I’m looking for). I go in with low expectations (but high standards) and just try to enjoy meeting new people. If you go into a date with the expectation that a guy might be “the one” or hoping this is the start of a serious relationship, you will make yourself miserable. Dating is really just an oversimplification of a vetting process to see if two people are really compatible.

For your health you should always demand a guy use a condom until you’ve established exclusivity and have both been tested for STD’s/STI’s. Sexually transmitted diseases are at all time highs. Not all STD’s are curable.

This guy may not feel he has anything to hide because you never even stated what you are both dating for. Seems like he may be assuming he is free to do as he pleases. Although if he’s talking/acting like a BF, and you aren’t using protection and he’s playing around, he would be in the pool of guys I wouldn’t date. He seemed unphased by the notification from the girl on bumble, and I would think a guy who wants something exclusive with a girl, would put any fears to rest immediately there is another woman competing for his attention. At least the guys I’ve dated seriously would have. They would have been too worried I’d be history otherwise (and I would have been). And there is no way I’d believe a condom wrapper in his bedroom does not belong to him.

In my experience, when a guy is really into you, you are never left guessing or wondering. Because he says and shows it (including making it clear he isn’t dating others, becasue he doesn’t want you seeing other guys)

But as women we must protect ourselves. That starts by knowing what we want, communicating that honestly and effectively (without freaking out or getting nasty).If you don’t have clear standards, you will end up chasing your tail and involved with men who only want to play.

You already know you need to talk to this guy. So this needs to happen as soon as possible. I hope you’ve learned some valuable lessons in this, because everything is a learning opportunity.

Going forward don’t get involved with a guy without knowing what you both want and are looking for. His words and actions must be in sync. Seeing you once a week is not the behavior of a guy who wants something serious, in my opinion.

I hope you stop having unprotected sex immediately (for your own sake). Don’t assume anything, other than there is no exclusivity until it’s clearly discussed and agreed upon mutually. And always keep your eyes open to ensure words, actions, and behaviors align with what you agree on. If someone changes the terms of the relationship unilaterally (or is unwilling to be transparent, open, and honest) they are not someone worthy of your time.

#581334 Reply
    Coral

Ugh, I’ve played this all wrong – I feel so stupid. The responses on this forum have been great, but I feel so low right now & so fustrated with myself. I’m a confident person but in the dating word I really hold back. It’s that fear you get when you start to properly like someone. All of a sudden you have something to lose, & I feel so awful that its potentially cost me another great relationship. I had a few chances to address this issue with him in person & I didnt take them, because of the way he was acting, it threw me off. He messaged me on Thursday but I haven’t spoken to him since so I’m now super upset. It’s not unusual for us though, so in this mindset i’m in, it seems longer. I need to see him in person & get the answers I need. I don’t think they’ll be what I want to hear, but I need to hear them nonetheless. I think I’m gunna drop him a message later, then I can get this over with. I can’t go on like this, its so unhealthy.

@Ashley
    I definitely get the whole not in person thing, but I feel better seeing their reaction rather than being concerned about my own.

I’ll keep you all updated on what he says, I’m sure it’ll be useful for other forum posters going through similiar situations, even if it doesnt work out.

#581337 Reply
    Meemee

Coral – you seem like a very put-together 26 year old… Very calm…..

If anything, you are way too good for him…

So keep your calm, nothing to regret about, get clarity, and go from there….

Best luck, maybe all can be explained… Who knows….

#581339 Reply
    cyberbettie

Coral,

I used this at the 4 month mark and it worked wonders, “I adore you and want to keep getting closer but you give me mixed messages.” He asked me to elaborate on the mixed messages and I listed all the indicators that the relationship was moving forward, then named the dating app. and other inconsistent behavior. He got it.

#581340 Reply
    funny

I agree with Meemee.
    You sound so mature for a 26 year old. I feel you can do sooooo much better! Maybe you’ll find that he’s not that special. Because you sound special to me but he doesn’t.

#581344 Reply
    Coral

Thank you guys, it means a lot hearing that. I had a lot of bad dating experiences in my early twenties which I’ve definitely grown from. I’ve been in situations where I’ve been SURE a guy has been up to no good out of insecurity, pointed the finger & been very wrong. So I’m trying to approach this situation with a bit of caution. I’m very chilled out, sometimes I worry TOO chilled out :’-) I’m not one of these girls who texts constantly & demands attention, but I really do need some clarity like you say. It may simply be he’s not aware of what I’m okay with. Perhaps when I lay down what I want and don’t want, he may step up like cyberbetty found. He may not – in that situation I know my own value, so I won’t dwell too much & swiftly walk away. Theres plenty of guys out there, I just rather like this one! Haha. It’s just very upsetting when you’ve invested a lot of time you don’t have into another person, only to find yourself in a grey area. Sigh!

@cyberbetty

That sounds really good, direct but not aggressive which is how I want to approach. Did you ask him this in person?

#581345 Reply
    Coral

I think I’m going to drop him a normal message later, organise a meet up. Then just have a calm chat with him in person. Fingers crossed he’s willing to be direct with me & respect me enough to take in what I have to say. At nearly 30 years old I’d expect him to have the maturity to do that.

#581351 Reply
    Pandora

Coral, I think Cyberbetty´s text is the best, if you want to approach this really

I am not really familiar with this insane dating protocol: dating – exclusivity – gf/bf – committed relationship, etc…

its just too much pressure to think about this all…

I just hope this insanity does not cross the ocean:) In Europe, this labelling thing is more subtle, people go out, see where it goes, more chilled about labels and confronting and to tell somebody upfront: I want a committed relationship, do you want the same (on the first date even!!)

and this all nonsense with the “having THE talk”…

the only thing you have to address is this: I have to tell you something. Last time I found a wrap of condom in your place. If you sleep with anybody else, let me know

(I wouldnt have a talk about exclusivity or where is this going or all this, I would be freaked out, if anybody would dump this on me) but, the not sleeping with anybody else is a valid requirement but it doesnt have to be connected with the TALK (which is always a bad idea)…..

#581360 Reply
    Coral

I’m in the UK not US by the way, haha. I’d rather talk to him in person about it really tbh. I hate having important talks over social media or texts.

#581361 Reply
    Danita

I would do it in person as well. I have just had a major misunderstaning with my best friend because of our lack of clarity in Whatssapp messages. Communication over text messages is s*h*i*t. I hate texting.

#582037 Reply
    Coral

*UPDATE*
    Just an update on the situation guys, I messaged him casually after not talking for 5 days and he seemed fine but reserved. I suggested meeting up and he asked when I was free, which is positive. Looks like I’ll get my opportunity to talk to him this weekend or early next week about what I want to. He was carrying on the convo and asking me genuine questions about what we were discussing but very slow at replying which irritated me slightly. But he works in a busy bar, and its not unusual for him to reply slowly so I was patient and he has been responding.
    He stated that he has been very overworked, stressed & hasn’t seen his family or friends since moving house which is actually when he started to sort of change in his behaviour towards me. I guess it’s possible hes genuinely been just very stressed & therefore maybe less focused on me? Obviously, that doesnt address the condom wrapper & bumble message…I will still talk to him about what I need to, but if hes genuinely stressed & things are as he says, then I’ll need to approach cautiously I feel.

#582038 Reply
    Jen

Is it typical to go 5 days without talking? I’ve never had a BF do that before. No matter how busy.

#582039 Reply
    Meemee

Coral – you sound very calm and balanced foe 26 year old…I have total confidence in you that you will handle the situation well…. so just proceed as you see fit and let us know the results….

By the way, what is so charming about a 29 yr old single dad bartender? Lol

#582102 Reply
    Coral

@Jen

It’s not unusual for us, been the same since we started dating. Not everyday, and hes not my bf as we have established haha.

@Meemee

Thank you, I’m trying to stay on top of the situation & not let it wind me up too much. The bottom line is I’m not content with the way it is & after 4 months I just need some clarity. I just hope he steps up so I dont have to step out. Haha ohh burn! :’) He’s a good guy and I do like him a lot. Not academically minded like me, but it doesn’t really bother me what a guys job is.

#582106 Reply
    Meemee

I have heard enough times on this forum that if no connect for 5 days, then he is not interested enough…I heard so many times here that I start to believe it……. but hope that is not the case w you…

You are so chill that you will be just fine whatever the truth is

#582112 Reply
    Coral

@Meemee

Yeah I would be 100% inclined to agree with that statement if he hadn’t been asking me what I want for Christmas & and talking about meeting my dad a week ago! I’m not naive enough to assume everything is peachy, but at the same time there’s only so much I can gather from the mixed messages. Very fustrating, but whatever happens I’ll be okay. Thank you for your consistent advice :) i’ll keep you updated on here.

#582114 Reply
    Caroline

Coral, keep us posted on what happens! And i hope you get your clarity this weekend :)

Meemee – based on all your posts, you can actually learn a lot from Coral yourself. I’m sure you’re a good person in real life but knocking someone else’s job is pretty low in character. I know plenty of well-off executives who would NEVER do this.

#582116 Reply
    Coral

@Caroline

Thank you so much I really appreciate the support, I’m keeping myself busy in the meantime. I’ve been very careful to not message anything negative or out of character. That’s where women make mistakes I think, changing his association with you from positive to negative no matter what stage of the relationship you are in. Hes not going to respond well to accusations, crazy finger pointing & insecurity despite the things I’ve seen. No matter what happens, I’m going to keep my dignity in this.

#941608 Reply
    Ava

Hi Coral,

I stumbled across this and I know it’s been SEVEN years since this post but I’m so curious to know… WHAT HAPPENED??? I’d bet he was taking advantage of you because you never stated what you wanted and the condom was ON PURPOSE so that you would get the hint without him having to say anything. And getting a Bumble message and taking it so lightly that he still has the app and not deleting it on your face?

I really feel sorry for all the girls who get caught in the traps of manipulators.
    Girls, men know RIGHT AWAY wether they like you for a LTR or not. Of course you need to get to know the person and see they are not maniacs, but that’s part of the dating process and that doesn’t mean he has to be treating you like a bet, along with other bets… you are not a thing, you are A PERSON for God’s sake… also, you can be with someone for years and he can become/you learn he’s a douche anyway… Look at you: even him showing all these kind of red flags and this didn’t stop you from keeping dating him…

When you want to be with someone, you just are. And a man who felt strong enough for you when he saw you, will book you all over in order not to risk somebody else takes you from him.

Yes, some relationships start like that and men put themselves 6-months marks as someone else said. The question is: do YOU feel comfortable with that? Why should WOMEN abide to how men want things? There must be consent among both…

I hope in all these years you’ve learned.

Before I end this, a message to ALL women: guys, a good male friend of mine says that if women knew what men talk about women when they are together alone, heterosexual relationships would be over forever. OPEN YOUR EYES: READ the enormous material there is on the internet targeted to men who want to use women and get away with it. They do stuff like what this guy did to Coral, AND ON PURPOSE. It’s alarming the number of men doing this, so take good care of yourselves, and as an advice if you want to take it: only have sex right away with guys you don’t care about or are too hot and you know it might be just that night, or you risk hurting yourself. Unless you belong to the lucky group of women who don’t get easily hurt. For those of you who have your regular typical levels of women’s hormones… take care.

NOW, CORAL, PLEASE TELL US WHAT HAPPENED SO WE LEARN FROM THIS!

Hope you are well.

Viewing 24 posts - 51 through 74 (of 74 total)
Reply To: 4 Months Into Dating Him…& This Happens
Your information:

<blockquote> <code> <pre> <em> <strong> <ul> <ol start=""> <li>

recent topics