Are you tired of working out and not seeing any results? Stop spending countless hours at the gym and start focusing on your diet! Unfortunately, all the workouts in the world will not get you a flat stomach if you continue to shove garbage down your throat.
To help you reach your weight-loss goals, I’m sharing my five favorite healthy, easy to make recipes for every time of the day. And did I mention they are all delicious?
1. Chocolate Sunrise Oatmeal: I’m the kind of girl who grew up eating Frosted Flakes and Coco Puffs for breakfast. For me, a boring, unsatisfying meal is simply not an option. By eating something sweet and satisfying in the morning, I’m much less likely to grab a handful of M&Ms off my co-workers desk before lunch.
- ½ cup plain old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon 100% cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Stevia or any other sweetener (to taste)
- Finishing touches: a tablespoon of peanut butter, sugar-free chocolate or maple syrup
Directions: Cook plain oats to desired consistency, mix in all desired ingredients, and enjoy! Simple. Delicious. Filling. Wonderful. Need I say more?
2. Protein Shake Perfection: Did you know that protein shakes aren’t just for boys? It is a common misconception amongst women that protein will make you look too bulky and muscular. But these shakes are perfect for recovering after a hard workout, contain little sugar, and are extremely filling.
- 2 cups ice
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup berries (optional)
- 1 scoop chocolate whey protein
- 1-2 tablespoons Hershey’s sugar free chocolate syrup
Directions: Blend together all ingredients in a mixer for about 1 minute. Whey protein is sold at many vitamin and supplement stores, as well as some supermarkets. There are also many different brands and flavors, so you may have to try a few before you find one you love.
3. Not So Average Salads: There is one word I will never use to describe my lunch… and that word is boring! A salad is a great way to add variety to your diet, while still keeping your calorie count under control. You can literally never get bored of salads if you are constantly switching the combinations of lettuce, veggies, protein, and seasonings. Get creative and get skinny!
- Lettuce: Spinach, Mixed Greens, Iceberg, Arugula, Dandelion
- Vegetables: Broccoli, Cauliflower, Peppers, Onions, Tomatoes, Cucumbers
- Protein: Chicken, Turkey, Fish, Shrimp, Hard Boiled Eggs
MORE: How Salads Can Pack On the Pounds
4. Queen of the Grill: Grilling is one of the easiest and healthiest ways to prepare dinner. The best part about grilling is that you don’t have to be a good cook! Just don’t forget about your food and don’t burn down the house in the process.
- Lean Protein: Chicken, Fish, Shrimp, Petite filet
- Veggies, veggies, and more veggies: Peppers, Squash, Asparagus, Onions, Eggplant
- Mix in a few pieces of fruit for dessert: Pineapples, Peaches, Bananas
Directions: After washing, prepare your meats and veggies by adding a low sodium or salt free seasoning, such as Mrs. Dash seasoning. Then, lightly coat with olive oil or balsamic vinegar. Place on the grill and let cook for 5-10 minutes before flipping. Repeat until the center of the meat is no longer pink and vegetables are slightly charred.
5. No Bulge Brownie: Baked goods are my kryptonite! There is just something about a fresh, hot-out-of-the-oven brownie that makes it literally irresistible. In order to stop my suffering, I created this delicious, chocolaty recipe that allows you to enjoy dessert, while still being healthy!
- 1 + 1/3 cup oat flour
- 8 oz non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 4 egg whites
- 4 tablespoons of water
- 1 cup stevia
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons dark chocolate coca powder
- 1/3 cup sugar-free semi sweet chocolate chips
Directions: Mix all ingredients together and pour into an 8 by 11 non-stick pan. Bake for 22 minutes at 350F or until the middle of the batter doesn’t stick to a tooth pick. Always remember healthy doesn’t make them calorie free, so just enjoy a few savory bites at a time!
Want More? Follow Bite Sized Fitness for Delicious Healthy Meal Ideas!
Alyse Scaffidi is the founder of Bite Sized Fitness. She is a Doctorate of Pharmacy student and knows how hard it is to make time for your health. Check out the sites below for more motivational tips, delicious recipes, and ideas for healthy eating.
Email Me: BiteSizedFitness@gmail.com