3-5 Day Silence

Home Forums Texting Advice 3-5 Day Silence

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Jean

Thanks for sharing your story Ali. I am going through a similar situation with a guy wondering if he likes me enough and your story shows very clearly to me that he doesn’t.

#541960 Reply
    ItAhiA

I agree with you Coco, but it’s just sooooooo hard to know and read the signals men give. If we trust what they say at the end of the day they wind up playing us for a fool. What’s all that BS this creep gave her about being interested in her, wanting to be kind and considerate, if at the end of the day he totally hurt her? I really hope she has moved pass what he did to her, because when we already have insecurities (me included) things like this make us questions ALL our beliefs, and just add more to our insecurities. Men are real toads; I’m going to say ALL of them, because the ones that don’t do it in the beginning do it at the end. The one, who doesn’t do it to you, has definitely done it to someone else. Reason why after the way I was hurt I decided NO MAN is worth the pain, the suffering and the overwhelming emotional stress they cause. They are just NOT worth it, which is why I only want to be in a relationship that although gives me emotional satisfaction does not require me to be emotionally available or vested, because I KNOW I will ever leave my heart open to that type of vulnerability.

It’s been a while since this was first posted and I really hope she has moved one from this dirt bag!!! I was reading her story and I was assimilating it to the guy I’m seeing now (married man) and I will follow some of the advices which were good (since I’m really not emotionally invested) especially the one that that I need to be me (which I am) and enjoy me (which I very much do) and not worry whether he is too busy to respond immediately. Take it for the fun it is meant to be.

I know some of you don’t understand why I would be involved with a married man, well this is exactly why, because he is not completely available and will serve well to fill in the moments I need and want some emotional contact; but I never have to commit because; him being married shuts down those expectations. I’ve been hurt, burned, crushed, and tossed to the side to many times in my life by opening my heart to a man and then being vulnerable. I have no true desire to marry or have children; I wish to have some type of emotional attachment but never again be committed to love a man. Like, Cherish, Enjoy? Yes that maybe, and to an extent.

#722205 Reply
    Juliet

I’m surprised no one on here commented that it was possible he had someone else. I immediately could tell from all that you said that he had someone on the side. The moment the excuses started coming when you didn’t get to meet his “best friend” was my first clue. I have been with too many douchebags to not read these signs well. :-( You now see your gut is almost always right. You were right. A man that is crazy about you is not going to go days without contacting you. If they are a sincere it is not difficult to say “Hi! I am super busy and can’t talk much but I just wanted to send you a quick note to let you know I was thinking about you.” Then, hopefully we don’t try to make it a long convo as we listen that he is busy and say a quick message back and that’s it.

#830788 Reply
    V

I’m not at all surprised by this outcome but I am really sorry. If a man just wants to see you on dates and not communicate daily then he is just looking for dates and not looking for a relationship. All men know that, even teen boys know that. You call or text a girl you like daily. Also, you were in a situation in which you didn’t like something (lack of communication) and I feel like some of the comments on here minimized your wants. It’s not a question of what in his lack of communication meant (as in, does he like me?) it’s a question of whether he was fulfilling your wants and needs. And he wasn’t.

#831616 Reply
    Avalanche

I read this old topic and honestly I often feel like we have to listen to our intuition. You let him know your expectations and if he doesn’t respond that either something is off or he’s a bad fit for you.

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
Reply To: 3-5 Day Silence
Your information:

<blockquote> <code> <pre> <em> <strong> <ul> <ol start=""> <li>

recent topics