2 days w/o texts, is it time to delete his number?

Home Forums Decoding His Signals / How Does He Feel About Me? 2 days w/o texts, is it time to delete his number?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    CC

Hi All,

Please please help with making me see through the situation.

I have been dating this guy for more than 2 months, but he has not asked me to be his gf or to be exclusive yet. Given the short time i have not got very concerned. We kiss and hold hands in public and totally act like a committed couple, it is not like he is not showing his affections towards me.

Last time we hung out it was on Wednesday night, we made out at my place and he slept next to me for a few hours before he had to leave. He said there would be a party in May that he wants to take me to, and I could “pretend to be his gf.” Then he immediately changed and said, ” not pretending, I will call you my gf.” He also said that he would get pissed if another guy hits on me. The final conclusion is we would hold hands walking into the party so everyone knows I am with him, aka I am taken. He showed to be possessive of me, even though he has not officially asked me to be his gf.

When he was leaving, I walked him to his car and he said, I love you. He kissed me multiple times and texted me right after he got home to let me know that he got him safely. I texted him back and said I miss u already. He read that message around 10 am based on what iPhone shows. That was the last I heard from him.

Today is Saturday, he has not called me or texted me. We used to teat at least once daily, now it has been 2 days. I don’t know whether he is hiding in his man-cave to pull away or he is losing interest… Last time was completely fine and I did not sense anything was wrong. But the harsh reality hit me that he has not the texted or asked me for 2 days.

I am wondering whether I should delete his number… Is this a sign of ending the relationship? But he just said he loved me on Wednesday night!

What do you think? Can anyone help me see through the pink cloud? Thanks so much.

#412977 Reply
    CC

I am just confused by the signals he is sending, why doesn’t he ask me to be his gf yet?

Does that indicate he does not love me enough?

He is preparing for graduate school application so he is busy with studying, but he was busy like this before. Is it time for me to drop him?

#412978 Reply
    Rose

Maybe he freaked out since things seem to be moving a little fast. Leave him alone, he might need some time. Sometimes they stop contact just to see your reaction, be cool!

#412980 Reply
    dixit

umm, I don’t really understand that girlfriend status/exclusivity concept, cuz in my country (middle Europe), if a couple starts holding hand, kissing etc., it normally means they are boyfriend and girlfriend already. most of the people I know never asked such question like will you be my official exclusive girlfriend or whatever.

but. I’m pretty sure that not texting for 2 days may really mean just nothing at all. I even think it wouldn’t hurt, if you contacted him first this time. actually, my bf did this a few times in out first two months of relationship, and once or twice even later, which got me a bit nervous, but I waited and he eventually got back and everything was ok. and sometimes I just texted him first, no big deal. in those first two months, he was silent usually because he got something on his mind and yeah, he needed his cave. i know it, because he told me, I didn’t even have to ask. and other times he was just very tired and busy, or sick. what I mean, if you didn’t hear from him for like a week, it would be really weird, but 2 days are not so much, so don’t worry, be happy :)

#412986 Reply

It’s only been two days – give the guy a minute. He probably feels like he said too much the other night and is now playing it cool.

#412987 Reply
    Raven

Relax a little…

Are you sure he’s physically ok?

#412989 Reply
    CC

The thing is, I have been sick since Friday night. The fact that he has not checked on me make me feel a little hurt….

#412990 Reply
    patsytshirt

2 days are nothing, some guys disappear for 5 or a week and come back like nothing happened, maybe he regretted that ‘gf thing for a party’ that he said to you, or he is trying to test you if you will freak out without communication. You also said to him: “I miss u already”, he probably felt a girlfriendish needy vibe with that phrase. Why should he keep in touch when he knows you’re so into him? he probably thinks ‘hmmm let me ‘soft next’ her, I will disappear for a bit and talk to other chicks because I know this one will be right here waiting for me.’
    Don’t message him. Just keep doing your things, see other people, he might text you again in a few days. If he doesn’t, you know it’s over

#412991 Reply
    Amy S

Hi. I think hes probably just cooling off after the l word. No small deal for a guy. Just relax and you will hear from him soon Im sure. I also think he has been sussing you out on the gf thing. Its cool, as far as I can see. Good luck. Have fun and forget about him for now x

#412992 Reply
    Harley

relax and wait it out.

Do not contact nor blow up his phone.

he’s freaking after the l word and waiting to see your reaction.

just go about your own life and he’ll be in touch

#413056 Reply
    Cc

Oh well, if he does leave me then I just take it he is not the right one then. It is good that he leaves less than 3 months, not wasting too much time. Of course I am not gonna contact him again, but I do have to see him tomorrow due to a mutual class, awkward :)

#413057 Reply
    whiskeycerebrum

Of course not! It’s been two days, just relax and let it be.

#413101 Reply
    Cc

Still nothing Girls, this is so unlike him, I am feeling powerless right now

#413110 Reply
    whiskeycerebrum

Don’t wait by the phone. Go make plans with your girlfriends, or make plans for yourself.

Your radius of control stops at the tip of your nose. There is absolutely nothing in his behaviour to suggest that he’s not into you, but if you do something like delete his number or get mad, you’re going to ruin it.

I’m going out on a date later tonight with a guy I hadn’t heard from in 3 weeks, before he rang me last week and chatted for over half an hour. I don’t know where it’s going, but it’s fine, because I’m busy enough without creating drama where none exists.

Don’t create drama where it doesn’t exist. ????

#413122 Reply
    redcurleysue

I would go about my business…I would not think anything about this at all…

#413285 Reply
    CC

Hi all,

Something not right for sure. I had a class with him today, he did not show up. Of course there has not been texts from him since Wednesday night.

I could not help but texted him, hey are you ok? No reply.

2 hours later I texted him, are you alive and breathing? No reply so far, has been 3 hours.

This is so unlike him, maybe he is DEAD? Omg, can people receive text when they are out of country? Maybe he is out of country? Has anyone had a smiLar situation before?

I am getting concerned.

#413297 Reply
    whiskeyagogo

Stop now. He hasn’t responded, dead or not, he has made it very clear that he is not available to talk right now. You MUST let him make the next move.

#413300 Reply
    patsytshirt

you need to calm down! if he is dead you will find out soon. Maybe he got a cold, had a car crash or was abducted by aliens, maybe he skipped class because he doesn’t want to see you. guys are capable to do anything (even skip class, or work) when they are fed up and don’t want to see a woman. If you keep messaging more it will only make you look desperate. I think you should read an article called “Disappearing Reappearing Man: What To Do?”, google now, it will help you a lot.

#413320 Reply
    CC

Thanks so much, just read it. Nice girls finish last, lol :)

I will just pretend that this is done. Thanks

#413331 Reply
    Whiterose

Maybe he is dead and you just need to move on.

#413332 Reply
    patsytshirt

CC, you’re welcome :D he can’t skip classes forever, sooner or later you will find out what happened. Keep us updated!

#413336 Reply
    CC

Lol, whiterose u may be right, I think he is dead, seriously.

First of all, it is Not his personality to run away from me. He has a very manly personality. He is confrontational and is not afraid of getting into fights.

Secondly, iPhone still shows those messages are not read yet, it will mean different things if they were read but he has not responded.

Thirdly, he just recovered from flu 2 wks ago. It is hard to imagine that he is sick again?

Fourth, last week he skipped class as well due to a business trip. He called me before class and told me he won’t be there. This time there was nothing. It is just odd

Fifthly, he is just not a jerk like that. Anyway, I feel like he is either dead or out of the country. This is too much drama, I am getting tired of him.

#413337 Reply
    CC

I feel like I am playing Sherlock holmes, this is too much girls, I am going to take his number out

#413339 Reply
    whiskeyagogo

You’re going to burn this relationship because he’s not responded when you want him to?

Have you read NONE of Eric’s articles? You’re sabotaging yourself, and you’ll only have yourself to blame.

#413340 Reply
    whiskeyagogo

The only person creating drama here, is you.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 83 total)
Reply To: 2 days w/o texts, is it time to delete his number?
Your information:

<blockquote> <code> <pre> <em> <strong> <ul> <ol start=""> <li>

recent topics