- 50% of women with allergies have had to miss out on something, such as a party or date, because of their allergy-related beauty woes
- Two-thirds (66%) of women with allergies have felt ugly or unattractive because of their Allergy Face
- 51% of female allergy sufferers have kept makeup for longer than one year
- 75% of women with allergies feel that experiencing severe allergy symptoms would be worse than having a last-minute breakout while on a big date
With allergy season in full swing, the survey also revealed that 96 percent of female allergy sufferers have experienced Allergy Face – beauty woes like a red nose, watery eyes or a puffy face that can accompany allergy symptoms. What’s more, 81 percent of women with allergies think they can never fully cover up their Allergy Face.
To help combat these beauty blunders, Zyrtec beauty expert Rebekah George offers the following tips to tackle Allergy Face:
- Mask with metallic: To help reduce redness under your nose, opt for an on-trend, high-shine lip gloss in a copper or bronze color.
- Go dark to distract: Darker lashes can serve as a distraction to red eyes so embrace the “wet eye” trend and apply a clear gel to give lashes a wet look. For extra definition, top with a coat of black mascara.
- Au naturel and aglow: If your Allergy Face is really acting up, skip makeup altogether and apply a self-tanner for a fresh and healthy glow that lasts all day.
- Soft Eyes: Your eyes are one of the first signs that your allergy face is acting up. Naked eye shadow palettes are one of the most popular trends right now. Made up of softer colors and less pigments, they can help lighten and brighten eyes when you’re suffering from allergy face.
Check Your Makeup
51% of women with allergies say they have kept makeup longer than one year. Stick to the following recommended throw-out dates to ensure you’re using the best products you can.
Mascara- 2-3 months
Foundation- 6 months
Eye Shadow- 1 year
Concealer- 6 months
Blush- 1 year
What are your tips to hide allergies? Tell us in comments!